The United Methodist Church of Loudon (1858)
Located in the city of Loudon in Loudon County (but was a part
of Roane County until 1870).
- Began in 1858 as The Methodist Episcopal Church.
- The first pastor was the Rev. Crockett GODBY.
- The Charter Members were:
- Mrs. Q.Z. TIPTON, Sr.
Mrs. Alexander KLINE
James W. HUFF
Mrs. Kate LENOIR
Miss Margaret BICKNELL
Miss Bettie BICKNELL
Reference: Loudon County Centennial Edition, June 13-20, 1970, The Loudon County