Pleasant Hill Baptist Church (1833)
- Located on old Highway 95 near Eaton Crossroads in Loudon County (but part of
Roane County until 1870).
- It started as a mission of Hickory Creek Baptist Church in 1833 and was
organized as a Baptist church in 1837.
- In 1837, 26 people came from Hickory Creek Baptist Church to establish this
church. Among them were the EATONS, MATLOCKS and MANNS.
- Reference: Loudon County Centennial Edition, The Loudon County Herald, June